UCPath Online is changing to an Improved Fluid Navigation this October for the following stakeholders: transactors and inquirers. This change will have no effect to the general employee. The goal of Improve Navigation is to enhance the UCPath transactor experience by deploying Fluid navigation; an intuitive, modernized solution that will work on all devices. This project is intended to make finding transactions easier and reduce clicks by adjusting how transactors navigate to information. It will not change any transactions – just how you navigate.
Improved Navigation Information
We are writing to inform you of a change to the UCPath Online Interface:
- UCPath is transitioning to an “improved fluid navigation” which is a new user interface that provides a seamlessly adaptable experience of web applications across all mobile devices.
- This change will create a new modernized “tiled look” rather than the traditional drop-down classic menu navigation.
- Additionally, a new search feature for navigational items offers another way to move through the application.
- One last change is that UCPath will change how bookmarks work in UCPath. This change is part of a larger improved navigation effort. This will require you to review bookmarks saved on the UCPath portal for UCPath PeopleSoft pages and set up UCPath PeopleSoft pages as Favorites within UCPath PeopleSoft
The Fluid Improved Navigation (FIN) project for UCPath, our web application for workforce administration/benefits/payroll, will be undergirded by Fluid bringing together existing and new functionality to improve application navigation, reduce clicks and move to a modern/intuitive look/feel.
Improved Navigation will Go-Live on October 15th, 2022
- The bookmark transition to favorites will need to be completed prior to 10/15 (reminders will be sent out)
- Training/Resources will be available starting the week of October 3rd (updates and reminders will be sent out)
- As an inquirer or transactor you will see a new interface when you login to UCPath and select the PeopleSoft Homepage.
- You will also be required to change your “bookmarks” to “favorites.”
- If you use the UCPath Workcenter as your main navigation method, FLUID will replace this 'collection'
- Please note: Improved Navigation has collections built into its structure through Home pages, Tiles and related menu items and folders
We want to make sure you are aware of this change, as well as making certain you have the resources/information to make this a smooth transition. UCPath is working on an informational crosswalk between the navigation used today to where the page will located after the project implementation.
Improved Navigation Training Assets
- Job Aids
Training Videos & Simulations
- (UCSD) MicroLearning Video: How to Create Favorites for Bookmarks
- Training Video: New Navigation Overview
- (UCLA) Fluid Navigation Simulation
Powerpoint Deck & Zoom Recordings
- Improved Navigation Training Deck
- Oct. 4th | Improved Navigation Training Recorded Zoom Session (For Inquirers)
- Oct. 7th | Improved Navigation Training Recorded Zoom Session (For Transactors)
Go Live Date
- October 15, 2022
- For Inquirers: October 4th from 10:00-11:00am
- For Transactors: October 7th from 9:00-10:00am